What is PopcornFX
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 04:17, 21 October 2014 by JBilalte (Created page with "=Overview= PK-Fx is made of: * '''PK-Fx editor :''' A realtime WYSIWYG [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wysiwyg] editor, running on Windows, that can connect to an external machi...")
PK-Fx is made of:
- PK-Fx editor : A realtime WYSIWYG  editor, running on Windows, that can connect to an external machine/console for realtime editing/tweaking of particle effects in a running game or level editor.
- PK-Fx runtime : The runtime libraries of the particle engine, that perform the heavy lifting and take care of all the particle simulation and management. available on PC and consoles (contact us for the full list of supported platforms).
- PK-Fx samples : A collection of C++ sample applications that show how to integrate and leverage the power of the runtime. There are samples for all the supported runtime platforms.
Currently supported platforms
- Windows, Linux, Mac
- PS4, XboxOne, PS3, Xbox360, Wii-U, PSVita
- iOS, Android
Actively supported engine plugins integrations:
- Unity3d (public beta, release on asset store soon)
- UE4 (coming soon)
- for custom engine integrations, we provide samples and support!