|! IMPORTANT ! This is the UE4 plugin documentation for PopcornFX v1. PopcornFX v2 UE4 plugin documentation can be found here|
(last edit version: v1.0.0)
The Unreal Engine 4 PopcornFX Plugin
Where to start ?
The PopcornFX Examples Project is a great place to start:
- PopcornFX version 2.x : You'll find it on the redmine tracker downloads page
- PopcornFX version 1.x : You'll find it on the Github Plugin Releases page.
It contains a bunch of Examples of PopcornFX integration features into Unreal Engine 4 and more.
Video tutorials on how to install and get started with the plugin are available on the PopcornFX youtube channel:
The full playlist with all UE4 video-tutorials can be found here: UnrealEngine4 PopcornFX Plugin Tutorials playlist
A standard setup goes like this:
- PopcornFX Editor Setup:
- Your UE4 Project Setup:
Install the Plugin into your Unreal Engine 4 Project
Setup your PopcornFX Editor Project for UE4 (axis-system, assets, etc..)
Setup the Plugin: Source Pack Path, Mount point, Auto-reimport ...
Import a PopcornFX effect. Customize Effect asset dependencies. Customize Effect Materials. Customize Attributes.
Emits PopcornFX Effects in your World.
Handles the updating, World interactions, and rendering of particles.
Dynamically parametrize Emitters with Shapes, Textures, Curves and more...
Start/Stop/Toggle emitters, Animate effect attributes and Attribute Samplers properties directly in Sequencer.
- Video Teaser 01 (09-28-2014)
- Video Teaser 02 (12-17-2014)
- Video Teaser 03 (02-06-2015)
- Video Teaser 04 (04-12-2015)
- Video Butterflies ! (05-17-2015)
- Video Release Trailer (07-23-2016)
- Demo Butterfly Swarm Canon Demo v0.5.0 (Win64) (05-22-2015)
- Demo PopcornFX Examples Project v1.0.0 (Win64) (04-21-2016)
Features, Platforms, Versions, etc...
This Plugin Does
- Ultimately implement all the PopcornFX SDK integration features, see the Feature list
- Use the standard pipelines of Unreal Engine 4 for workflow, rendering etc ... (if we do something wrong, please contact us!)
- Let you customize particle materials for rendering
- Keep the Plugin a plugin: no Engine source code modification needed !
- stuff with particles...
This Plugin Does NOT
- The Plugin does not Provide a way to author PopcornFX Effects directly inside the UE4 editor. To do this, you have to use the PopcornFX Editor.
- The Plugin has no relation to UE Cascade particle system, PopcornFX is an other, separated particle system