Back to anouncements
Released 23rd September 2014
Known issues in the latest 1.6.3 build (23107, Nov 19th 2014):
- None. please contact support at popcornfx.com if you encounter any problem
|Attributes bound to camera properties : preview view-dependent effects in editor||noise() script functions
fast 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D noise
|Autosave, project & UI improvements||Attribute samplers : change samplers ingame on a per-instance basis|
Patch 1.6.3 (19 Nov 2014)
Build: PopcornFX-Editor_Setup_v184.108.40.20607.exe (Latest)
- Fixed a bug in the script compiler that produced incorrect results when directly initializing a local variable with another local variable of the same type without changing it.
Patch 1.6.3 (23 Oct 2014)
- D3DX9_43.dll embedded (no needs to install DirectX9c runtime on a fresh install of window 7/8)
- fixed a rare crash with asynchronous http requests (on startup)
Patch 1.6.2 (17 Oct 2014)
- particle scene functions : fixed a potential crash when building scripts due to some unchecked return values.
- Texture sampler : when using a regular sampler AND an atlas-based sampler in the same layer, didn't have access to the regular sample(uv) function, had to use sample(0, uv)
- fixed a visual glitch in the editor when using capsule billboards with smooth anim-frame blending.
- fixed a crash when declaring an attribute with the same name as an attribute sampler.
- fixed backdrop light orientations not updating the light when modified.
- fixed rotate and scale gizmos whose influence dependend on the gizmo distance to the camera. was unusable when far away or in a project with a large unit scale.
- particle scene : added 'scene.axisSide()', 'scene.axisUp()' and 'scene.axisForward()' to particle scripts. return values matching the current axis system.
- Billboard renderers : NormalsBendingFactor no longer makes draw batches incompatible by default
- fixed a remote-package download bug, that would incorrectly see the package as downloaded even if download was incomplete and editor was closed while still downloading
- fixed a potential intermediate-value corruption in particle scripts on SSE-capable machines when calling pow() with a streamed exponent.
- fixed NaN SpawnerLifeRatio when spawning from a parent particle whose life was infinite.
- fixed Ribbon artefacts that could happen every ~2 million particles spawned in a ribbon medium. From now on, it can happen only every ~4 billion particles spawned.
Patch 1.6.1 (30 Sep 2014)
- Attribute samplers : fixed a crash when opening an effect that has a shape-collection in the attribute sampler list.
- 2D image backdrops : fixed a crash when the backdrop couldn't be found.
- FBX importer : can now import a broader range of skeletal meshes and animations.
- FBX importer : fixed a bug that caused meshes imported in coordinate systems other than the default RightHand Y Up to be improperly flipped at import.
- Project selection : Online packages panel : now displays full version of each package, better updates when they change.
- Billboard renderers : Fixed a display bug in the viewport when clearing the 'SizeField' property of a billboard renderer.
- Post-Fx : Added new config parameters to change the bright-pass of the HDR post-effect, as well as some vignetting parameters.
- Realtime viewport : Enabled some maya-style navigation keys using the 'Alt' key.
- Realtime viewport debug render modes : no more postFx/glows applied on the 'wireframe' view. now much more visible.
- Project selection : Added a project 'relocator' that avoids having to re-add all the projects when you move them, or a disk moves and changes its letter-name.
- Project selection : Added an explicit upgrade status next to the 'Check for updates' button.
- FBX importer: fixed issues when importing skeletal animations
- FBX importer : can now correctly import multiple submeshes skinned on the same skeleton.
- Mesh importer : improvements & bugfixes. now more simple to use.
- AxisSystem : fixed a bunch of bugs when configuring a project to use an axis system different from the default LH-YUP
- Content browser : now avoids useless refreshing and loosing the current selection when an asset changes externally on the filesystem
- Content browser : Fixed a bunch of bugs with 'ShowPackDepencencies' feature.
- Shape sampler : fixed a bug when setting shape radius to 0, induced invalid values in 'innerRadius'
- Shape sampler : fixed a bug in shape's ProjectParametricCoords() method.
- Mesh sampler : now works correctly in 'Vertex' sampling mode with parametric coords and streams other than Position.
- Texture sampler : density sampling now works with grayscale textures
- Texture sampler : fixed a rare crash when sampling in linear mode
- Fixed a bunch of crashes when tring to read corrupt binary HBOs
- Attributes : fixed rare attribute->script binding bug
- Scripts : fixed a bug in swizzle optimizer that caused the following code: 'float3(float2(0,0), v)' to produce 'v.0x' instead of 'v.00x'
- Evolver localspace : fixed 'TransformTranslate' and 'TransformRotate' flags that had no effect.
- MIGHT AFFECT EXISTING EFFECTS if you used these two flags, and left them on, as they didn't do anything, but now they will.
- noise functions : fixed a range bug. now correctly output in the [-1,1] range instead of [-0.707, 0.707] (sqrt(2))
- MIGHT AFFECT EXISTING EFFECTS. this will have a side effect of producing _slightly_ stronger turbulences. but most likely imperceptible.
- Light-particles : Fixed an editor-only rendering bug
- Can now copy curve data back and forth between curve sampler and evolver field
- Sampler DoubleCurve : Fixed a bunch of bugs in the editor UI
- Do not have to restart editor to see newly created layer in event's trigger list
- Audio: add/fix audio backdrop channel groups. Channel groups should now work as expected.
- Fixed some crashes and editor UI slowdowns when loading thumbnails of some special image formats
- Improved ribbon renderer, and fixed a few bugs
- Improved particle spawner and evolver spawner performance
- Scripts : does a bunch of additional optimizations on scripts. faster scripts.
- Optimized action execution
- Evolver projection : performance improvements
- Texture sampler : performance improvements
- Some performance improvements when sorting alpha-blended particles
- Parent-fields : performance improvements
- Mesh sampler : a bit faster
- Revamped undo/redo system, added an action history panel
- Texture sampler : now supports sampling from texture atlases.
- Texture sampler : added SampleGammaSpace to enable sampling in Linear or sRGB space
- Attribute samplers : can now publish a sampler in the attribute lists, and have game code change it dynamically at runtime.
- Attributes are now transmitted over trigger when triggering a child layer in 'LayerGroups'
- Scripts : added builtins safe_normalize() and safe_fast_normalize()
- Scripts : Sampler shape & animtrack : Intersect() method
- Scripts : added noise() and fast_noise() functions (1D, 2D, 3D, 4D noise)
- Scripts : Shapes: can now manually build parametric coords from script
- Billboard renderer : removed old unused 'ConstantLength' property
- Ribbon renderer : no need for the 'MaxExpectedLife' hack anymore.
- FBX importer: now supports Vertex-colors and multi-UV import.
- Mesh sampler : can now sample multiple VColors and UV-sets
- Shape sampler : can get shape properties in script (surface, volume, radius, height, triangle count, etc...)
- Spawners : can now use int attributes as flux factor.
- Improved project settings
- Project settings : can now force the use of the windows explorer dialogs to pick assets
- Added an autosave
- Audio sampler : Editor now supports sampling from audio card's output (if your audio card handles it. Editor-only feature, for your own comfort. Isn't stored in the final effect file)
- Create new sampler : auto-name sampler based on sampler type
- Can create new event by drag/dropping an effect from the content browser to the particle treeview
- Improved export package.
- Improved script editor panel: now shows parsed script, generated bytecode, disassembly, and used externals
- Editor now always saves effects in text-mode
- Improved and polished UI
- Attributes : illegal names are now checked and rejected when trying to rename the attribute.
- AnimTrack sampler : now shows all its tracks in debug view
- Package import/export dialog now shows file-size details.
- Details view : now shows a tooltip on each asset with the # of err/warn, and the details of each error or warning
- All scripts are now applied/saved on Ctrl+S
- Editor recognizes attributes named 'ViewPosition', 'ViewDirection', 'ViewForward', 'ViewUp' and 'ViewSide' and auto-fills them with the viewport's camera data.
- Attributes are not reset when resetting the Fx. Added an explicit 'Reset' button on the attributes panel to explicitely reset all attributes to their default values.
- Content browser : can now drag/drop .pkkg packages directly in the content browser.
- Export package : add a checkbox to quickly select/unselect all items
- Templates : can now place effects in a 'Templates' directory, they will appear in the right-click menu "Create Asset" in the content browser
- Cubemap backdrops : can now be blurred with a slider
- Bake dialog : added a 'Full Rebake' checkbox to prevent the editor to re-use the assets in the 'Cache' folder.
- Evolver flocking : MeanNeighborDirection.w now contains the inverse neighbor count, instead of nothing really well defined
- Mesh editor : can now display the imported bones and toggle the viewer light and shadows on/off
- All realtime viewports : now displays camera orientation gizmo on the bottom right corner
- All realtime viewports : New Post-Fx : subtle lens-vignetting.