PK-Editor v1.5.5 released
Revision as of 17:42, 23 May 2014 by JBilalte
Back to anouncements
Beta released 05th April 2014
Full released 06th May 2014
Known issues in the latest 1.5.5 build (20787):
- None. please contact support at popcornfx.com if you encounter any problem
|Improved editor interface||Attributes in evolvers||Parent-fields||Details resource view|
184.108.40.20687 (23 May 2014)
- Vastly improved BC7 DDS decompression performance (more than 9x faster)
- Further improved editor startup performance
- Made online packages fetch asynchronous: doesn't stall the editor if no web connection is available.
- Fixed upgraders that did not fail correctly when failing to upgrade 'ProjectSettings.xml' files.
- Fixed a few memory-leaks (when using mesh projection)
- Fixed incorrect skin on registration window when launching the editor for the first time.
- Fixed a crash when cancelling registration window.
- Fixed whole thumbnails reloading after each Ctrl+S
- Fixed empty texture paths showing a 'No preview' thumbnail -> now do not show anything.
- Fixed broken textures & meshes hot-reload in some cases.
- Fixed a bunch of script editor bugs & performance-related issues.
- Fixed mesh importer hidden GUI panels.
- Fixed mesh drag/drop in samplers: when multiple sub-meshes, the resulting shape collection had a 'box' shape in addition to all the submeshes.
- Fixed a random crash in particle-scripts
- Various small UI improvements
- 'Enter' in particle fields quick-add now adds the field.
- Baking an effect that's opened and not saved now bakes the version in memory, not the version previously saved on disk.
- Setting a sphere shape radius to zero in a shape sampler caused the innerRadius to become NaN.
- fixed user local project list not being kept between 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 : you'll now see all your previously configured projects, without the need to re-add them by hand.
- fixed crashes with 'open to nodal editor' on non-HBO files (folders, meshes, textures)
- fixed undo/redo crashes
- fixed a heap corruption in the curve editor.
- fixed a regression in resource deletion that did not delete attached editor files anymore (thumbnail, .pkcf, and .pkmm, .pkma, .pkml in case of meshes)
- fixed a crash on trigger-intensive effects
- fixed default window layout not being reset correctly upon install.
- fixed FBX importer regression when importing embedded textures (imported them directly at the pack root)
- fixed a crash in .TGA image loader, when loading images with more than 128 consecutive identical texels.
- fixed the country list that was sometimes empty in the registration form on some versions of windows.
- Fixed very rare editor hang at startup on windows7 and above.
- Improved editor startup time.
- Various editor memory consumption improvements
- Mesh sampler : improved general memory usage & performance
- Can now access effect attributes from evolve scripts !
- Can access parent particle's properties using the 'parent-fields' feature !
- double-click in .pkfx from explorer launches the editor, and keeps the same instance if already running on that project
- added rotate script function :
float3 rotate(float3 point, float3 axis, float angle);
- 'Sound layer' : can now show/hide like the other layers
- Merged 'Model', 'Mesh', and 'Material' editors into a single 'Mesh editor' window.
- Merged .pkma files into .pkml files, there are no more .pkma files.
- .DDS image reader now handles RGBA8 formats (previously only BGRA8 was supported)
- Added 'Details view' tab in the content browser, displays assets stats and build status.
- Spline editor can now lock to X/Y axes when control-points are scaled.
- New backdrop system: multiple meshes, cubemaps, gradients, etc...
- All meshes referenced in the .pkfx files are now directly the source .pkmm files.
- Project selection window now lists a series of fx 'packages' available on our servers, instead of installing the old 'default' packs.
- Project upgrader now has a dedicated window with precise details of what's going on and better reporting when something went wrong during the upgrade.
- AssetBaker can now run a custom command-line after baking any asset, not just textures.
- Vastly improved upgrade process, now editor has a dedicated upgrade window where you can see all upgrades, and detailed reporting of what went wrong, if anything went wrong. (file permissions and such)