PK-Editor v1.5.5 released
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back to anouncements
Back to anouncements
Beta released 05th April 2014
Full released 06th May 2014
Known issues in the latest 1.5.5 build (20787):
- None. please contact support at popcornfx.com if you encounter any problem
|Improved editor interface||Attributes in evolvers||Parent-fields||Details resource view|
188.8.131.5287 (23 May 2014)
- Vastly improved BC7 DDS decompression performance (more than 9x faster)
- Further improved editor startup performance
- Made online packages fetch asynchronous: doesn't stall the editor if no web connection is available.
- Fixed upgraders that did not fail correctly when failing to upgrade 'ProjectSettings.xml' files.
- Fixed a few memory-leaks (when using mesh projection)
- Fixed incorrect skin on registration window when launching the editor for the first time.
- Fixed a crash when cancelling registration window.
- Fixed whole thumbnails reloading after each Ctrl+S
- Fixed empty texture paths showing a 'No preview' thumbnail -> now do not show anything.
- Fixed broken textures & meshes hot-reload in some cases.
- Fixed a bunch of script editor bugs & performance-related issues.
- Fixed mesh importer hidden GUI panels.
- Fixed mesh drag/drop in samplers: when multiple sub-meshes, the resulting shape collection had a 'box' shape in addition to all the submeshes.
- Fixed a random crash in particle-scripts
- Various small UI improvements
- 'Enter' in particle fields quick-add now adds the field.
- Baking an effect that's opened and not saved now bakes the version in memory, not the version previously saved on disk.
- Setting a sphere shape radius to zero in a shape sampler caused the innerRadius to become NaN.
- fixed user local project list not being kept between 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 : you'll now see all your previously configured projects, without the need to re-add them by hand.
- fixed crashes with 'open to nodal editor' on non-HBO files (folders, meshes, textures)
- fixed undo/redo crashes
- fixed a heap corruption in the curve editor.
- fixed a regression in resource deletion that did not delete attached editor files anymore (thumbnail, .pkcf, and .pkmm, .pkma, .pkml in case of meshes)
- fixed a crash on trigger-intensive effects
- fixed default window layout not being reset correctly upon install.
- fixed FBX importer regression when importing embedded textures (imported them directly at the pack root)
- fixed a crash in .TGA image loader, when loading images with more than 128 consecutive identical texels.
- fixed the country list that was sometimes empty in the registration form on some versions of windows.
- Fixed very rare editor hang at startup on windows7 and above.
- Improved editor startup time.
- Various editor memory consumption improvements
- Mesh sampler : improved general memory usage & performance
- Can now access effect attributes from evolve scripts !
- Can access parent particle's properties using the 'parent-fields' feature !
- double-click in .pkfx from explorer launches the editor, and keeps the same instance if already running on that project
- added rotate script function :
float3 rotate(float3 point, float3 axis, float angle);
- 'Sound layer' : can now show/hide like the other layers
- Merged 'Model', 'Mesh', and 'Material' editors into a single 'Mesh editor' window.
- Merged .pkma files into .pkml files, there are no more .pkma files.
- .DDS image reader now handles RGBA8 formats (previously only BGRA8 was supported)
- Added 'Details view' tab in the content browser, displays assets stats and build status.
- Spline editor can now lock to X/Y axes when control-points are scaled.
- New backdrop system: multiple meshes, cubemaps, gradients, etc...
- All meshes referenced in the .pkfx files are now directly the source .pkmm files.
- Project selection window now lists a series of fx 'packages' available on our servers, instead of installing the old 'default' packs.
- Project upgrader now has a dedicated window with precise details of what's going on and better reporting when something went wrong during the upgrade.
- AssetBaker can now run a custom command-line after baking any asset, not just textures.
- Vastly improved upgrade process, now editor has a dedicated upgrade window where you can see all upgrades, and detailed reporting of what went wrong, if anything went wrong. (file permissions and such)