Changelog (Unity Plugin)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|! IMPORTANT ! This is a PopcornFX v1 page. PopcornFX v2 Unity plugin documentation can be found here|
- Attribute samplers : added getter/setters for easier access via scripts
- Attribute sampler image : Logs an error when texture read is disabled.
- Attribute sampler image : Added PVRTC support.
- Attribute sampler shape : allow to drag an drop a MeshFilter on a sampler mesh.
- Attribute samplers : Fixed broken list with unsupported samplers.
- Attributes : fixed leak with attributes names when getting descriptors.
- Attributes : now display their descriptions as tooltips.
- Scene mesh builder : now creates path if it doesn't already exist.
- Fixed a #define preventing the plugin to load on OSX when targetting iOS.
- Added DeepReset : like Reset but also unloads FXs and clean the render mediums.
- Now attempts to load the pack from relative path to prevent issues with non-ascii paths.
- Added a "reset attributes to default values" button on PKFxFX.
- Fixed checks for attribute samplers OnDestroy.
- Fixed attribute sampler mesh : don't pin non-blittable types (bool).
- Fixed sampler shape mesh : not feed with the mesh after StopEffect StartEffect.
- Implemented native OSX assert catcher.
- Sync. PopcornFX runtime v1.10.6
- Attribute samplers : Fixed an error when unsupported samplers are above the others.
- Support the reversed depth buffer in Unity 5.5
- Sync. PopcornFX runtime v1.10.8
- Attribute samplers : handle ETC2 texture format.
- Fixed Sample scene custom shaders.
- Sync. PopcornFX runtime v1.11.0
- Build scene mesh at runtime on all platforms.
- Can register multiple camera.
- Fixed 1 frame delay on registered camera.
- Do not load all the HBOs at application start.
- StopEffect() became TerminateEffect().
- StopEffect() stop the emission but continue to update the transform and attributes until all particles died.
- Load Attribute Samplers when the FX start.
- Fixed a crash if an Attribute Sampler Skinned Mesh is not in the first position of the samplers list.
- Add Support for Unity 5.6
- Sync. PopcornFX runtime v1.11.3
- Fixed VR rendering.
- Remove support for Unity versions lower than 5.2
- Add support for Unity 2017
- Memory optimizations on the Attribute Sampler mesh.
- Fixed a crash with the DepthRT.
- Reset IsPlaying in Awake.
- Fixed attributes updates after an hot-reload.
- Sync. PopcornFX runtime v1.11.6
- Fixed a crash if StartEffect() and TerminateEffect() were called before Start()
- Sync. PopcornFX runtime v1.12.0
- Sync. PopcornFX runtime v1.12.1
- /!\ Moved from C# assemblies to sources (see Updater_(Unity_Plugin)).
- Attribute samplers : shapes, textures, curves... (see Particle_effect_attributes#Attribute_samplers)
- Fixed orthographic cameras support (see PopcornFX Preferences...)
- Fixed glitchy billboarding on Android.
- Added multi-object editing for FX components.
- Fixed conf file loading when loading from a read-only location.
- Fixed moving pkfx files breaking components association.
- Fixed scene reset when destroying the first camera. /!\ A manual call to PKFxManager.Reset() when loading a new level is now required /!\
- Added audio sampling named audiogroups.
- Renamed native libraries from HH prefix to PK prefix, reflecting a name change that happened even before the plugin was released. You might want to check your Asset/Plugins directory if you didn't use the provided updater to update your project.
- Added OpenGL Core support (Windows/Mac/Linux).
- Stability improvements.
- New rendering pipeline, fully integrated with command buffers (Unity 5.2 and up). Includes retrieving of the scene's depth without resorting to an offline camera (Unity 5.0 and up).
- Added support for distortion/soft particles in VR.
- Added support for Android multi-threaded rendering (Unity 5.3+).
- Depth texture now public.
- Custom shaders (DX11, DX9, OpenGL/ES).
- Sync with PopcornFX 1.9.0.
- Fixed PKFxManager's Debug class that was hiding Unity's in some versions of the plugin.
- Fixed KillEffect's behaviour on trails.
- Added TransformAllParticles() to apply a global transform on all particles (useful for floating origin setups).
- Added PKFxFX.GetAttr(string) and integer overloads for the PKFxManager.Attribute class.
- Added PKFxFX.IsPlayable().
- Added possibility to overload the OnAudioSpectrum and OnAudioWaveform callbacks.
- Added possibility to use Application.PersistentDataPath instead of the default Application.StreamingAssetsPath (useful for adding effects post-install).
- Added support for Windows XP (not even kidding).
- Moved rendering to the new command buffer interface (Unity >= 5.2). This fixes image effects bugs and lens flare layers bugs.
- Changed the PopcornFX Settings menu. It's now a window exposing the individual effect killing, logging, PackFX location and rendering event settings.
- Destroying an effect now calls StopFX().
- Added a control button on PKFxFX components to force-reload attributes.
- Fixed a crash when destroying the PKFxRenderingPlugin component of a scene and calling PKFxFX.KillEffect in the same frame.
- Fixed native VR detection.
- Fixed PNG loading on iOS (bug or crash depending on the version).
- Fixed a crash when deleting hot-reloaded effects.
- Fixed a crash when calling StopEffect in OnDisable.
- Fixed a crash when getting in and out of a scene with effects using spacial layers.
- Fixed race-condition issues that would cause seemingly random crashes and errors.
- Fixed a bug where localspace effects and attributes were 1 frame behind.
- Fixed iOS multi-threading performance.
- Added an Alive() method to the PKFxFX component that returns true as long as an effect is spawning particles.
- Added the possibility to enable the killing of individual effects.
- Added a main conf file for settings (holds the "log in file" and "effects killing" settings so far).
- Added support of PopcornFX's sound layers.
- Added support for audio waveform sampling.
- Added support for audio sampling (waveform and spectrum) for iOS.
- Added PKFxManager.UnloadEffect(string path);
- Synchronized with PopcornFX Editor v1.8.X (make sure to upgrade your packs).
- New fat library for ios64 support.
- Fixed a bug where PopcornFX components would interfere with other plugins' components.
- Effects hot-reload in Windows and MacOSX editor mode.
- Int/Int2/3/4 attributes support.
- Attributes now support min/max values.
- Fixed a bug where fx wouldn't load in specific pack architectures.
- Added PKFxManager.GetStats() to retrieve stats from the PopcornFX runtime.
- Added a link to the online documentation in the Help menu ("PopcornFX Wiki").
- Added a version identifier in the PKFxRenderingPlugin component's inspector view.
- Added "PopcornFX Settings" in the Edit menu with options to enable or disable the runtime log to a file (requires a restart to take effect).
- Added "Create PopcornFX" in the GameObject menu to create empty effects or PopcornFX-enabled cameras.
- Fixed UI refresh after drag'n'drop of a pkfx file in the FX field of a PKFxFX component.
- Added a warning when in editor if the color space is not set to linear
- Improved dependencies handling.
- Added Unity 5 compatibility.
- Fixed audio sampling on MacosX
- Fixed DX11 LOD bias
- OSX binaries now Universal (x86 and x86_64)
- Soft animation blending now supported in GL/DX9/DX11
- Fixed DX11 depth texture update bug (soft particles and distortion)
- Fixed component.camera api deprecation for Unity 5
- Drag'n'drop .pkfx files on FX components instead of the unconvenient list
- Proper color space detection (sRGB/gamma correction)
- Distortions blur pass (Blue channel)
- Fixed distortions bug
- Massive renames to comply with naming convention.
/ \ / \ / | \ THIS WILL BREAK MANY PREEXISTING FX COMPONENT! / | \ /__.__\ /__.__\
- DX11 bugfixes, proper distortions and soft particles
- Fixed mobile crash on some sampling functions
- Masked event ids to prevent interfering with other native plugins
- Fixed bug where additive meshes were never culled
- Fixed lost devices in DX9
- Fixed depth/distortion FOV bug
- Fixed distortion viewport bug
- Windows x32/x64 support.
- Mobile depth-related rendering features (soft particles, distortion).
- PackFX hierarchy : effects are now accessible at any pack subdirectory
- Packs must now be baked in the StreamingAssets directory.
/ \ / \ / | \ THIS WILL BREAK ANY PREEXISTING FX COMPONENT! / | \ /__.__\ /__.__\
- Refactoring of the PKFxManager static class to account for iOS' static libraries limitation.