Back to anouncements
Released 17 Jan 2019 Projects created with PopcornFX v1.x cannot yet be used with PopcornFX v2.0
The v2.0 runtime will not be able to load v1.x effects, make sure you upgrade your runtime / plugins as well before switching to this version.
Looking for version 1 of popcorn ? Go to the latest v1.x editor
|64-bits Windows build||MacOsX build||Linux-64 build|
Build: PopcornFX-Editor_Setup_v18.104.22.168603_x64.exe (Feb 28 2019) (Latest)
- Fixed #2450: All local shape samplers are optimized-out when building from integration code
- Fixed incorrect behavior of 'bool' attributes
- Fixed #2384: Build messages are not updated in layers that previously failed to build
Build: PopcornFX-Editor_Setup_v22.214.171.124211_x64.exe (Feb 14 2019)
IMPORTANT: previous installers created a ".gitignore" file in your project's "Library/" folder.
This patch fixes the issue (#2343). If you are using git, make sure you delete this .gitignore to avoid problems.
- Fixed #2329: Bounding box computations only take into account a single renderer when a particle has multiple renderer (regression since v2.0.1)
- Fixed #2343: PopcornFXCore Library contains a .gitignore
- Fixed #2380: Nodegraph: Crash when grouping a node that has its panel open
- Fixed #2338: Opening new windows through double-click places them behind existing windows
- Fixed #2365: Rare crash when opening effect
- Fixed #2317: Nodegraph: Layers output events default visibility is invisible by default
- Fixed #2364: BaseObject: Loading a PKBO file does not set the proper value to CBaseObjectFile::GeneratorTag
- Fixed #2322: Package Import: Improve user feedback when a package is upgraded on import
- Fixed #2334: Project launcher: "Open with v1" button is broken, editor doesn't find v1.x installs anymore
Build: PopcornFX-Editor_Setup_v126.96.36.199799_x64.exe (Jan 31 2019)
- Fixed #2315: Curve sampler constant folding asserts and fails when the curve comes from a property.
- Fixed #2285: Corelib templates: "EventDelay" node insta-kills events when set to zero
- Fixed #2284: Corelib templates: "Trigger Once" node contains a cast from int to bool and emits a warning whenever using it
- Fixed #2278: Nodal Editor: crash when right clicking a pin while dragging a link
- Fixed #2261: Nodal Editor: Annotation doesn't move contained nodes after undo
- Fixed #2214: Particle selection broken in viewport if there are non finite renderer positions in the effect
- Fixed #2212: Wrong filename shown at the end of the package export process
- Fixed #2194: Determinism is broken when spawning large amounts of child particles in a single frame (any kind of event multiplication: multiplier nodes, trails, custom generator node in a layer...)
- Fixed #2149: Viewport: Messed-up camera zoom controls at low framerate / bad management at low framerate
- Fixed #2113: High editor CPU usage even when no effect editor opened & no sim running
- Fixed #2319: Curve editor: bad UI update when toggling/untoggling curves
Build: PopcornFX-Editor_Setup_v188.8.131.52680_x64.exe (Jan 24 2019)
- Fixed #2221: Timeline Events are only taken into account after saving the effect and launching it again.
- Fixed #2219: Curve editor: Bad tangent input-box behavior.
- Fixed #2223: Simulation seems to sometimes fallback to default turbulence inside Physics template. Caused by false-positives when merging resources in effect optimization pass.
- Fixed #2236: GPU sim: 'sign' function has different behavior than CPU backend.
- Fixed #2235: Backend: integer 'sign' function always returns '0' for positive numbers, instead of returning '1', when given a compile-time constant input value.
- Fixed #2228: Optimizer: Bad constant-folding function hooked to spatial layer's 'closest2' function, causes incorrect simulation results when the inner-radius of the query is a constant zero.
- Fixed #2229: Constant folding of null turbulence sampler coming from an unplugged template pin does not work anymore. (fixes serious performance regression)
- Fixed #2242: Package import stalls on computers with low processor counts.
- Fixed #2145: Content browser treeview: Selection tracking glitches.
- Fixed #2213: Texture sampler hot reloading doesn't work with photoshop.
- Fixed #2245: Occasional project launcher crash when trying to import package into project.
- Fixed #2246: Occasional crash when creating link from pin.
- Fixed #2248: Crash when effect file deleted while opened in effect editor.
- Re-enabled D3D11 GPU simulation in editor.
- Fixed #2190: Multiple SetLife nodes running at the same rate will conflict without warning, and behavior will be unpredictable: Now displays a warning.
- Fixed #2200: Rendering: Linear atlas blending doesn't work in editor
- Fixed #2244: Nodal Editor: crash when undoing creation of a node contained in an annotation while moving annotation.
- Fixed #2256: GPU: crash in D3D12 with too many particles
- Fixed #2257: Editor: crash when rendering too many particles