(last edit version: v1.0.0-preview-5)
The PopcornFXScene is an actor that is responsible for updating and rendering particles. It is the equivalent of the PopcornFX's particle medium collection.
They are designed to encapsulate particle groups that you want to update and render together.
You can setup a different PopcornFXScene for specific particle groups to easily disable/destroy this group's update/render at wish.
PopcornFX Scene Actor
A default PopcornFXSceneActor will automaticaly be created when you drag & drop a PopcornFXEffect inside a level, if there is no existing one.
These properties will affect the behavior of every PopcornFXEmitter that is registered in this PopcornFXScene.
- Scene Actions : Clears the particle medium collection
- Scene Name : The scene name in which a PopcornFXEmitter can register. (Warning: this CAN be different from the scene actor name)
- Enable Heavy Debug Point : Toggles the rendering of particle debug in the editor (bounds / layers / ...)
- Default Collision Preset : Defines the default preset to use if no custom collision filters have been created.
- Collision Filters : List of custom collision filters to use for collision queries, their FilterID beeing the associated index (see FilterID).
Scene collision filters and FilterID
Particle to world collision tests can be customized with Collision Preset (you'll find them in Project Settings > Collision > Preset)
To define finer collision presets for specific particles, use the CParticleEvolver_Physics FilterID that will be used to index the PopcornFXScene Collision Filters array.