HH-Editor v1.0.1 released
Back to anouncements
Released 05 March 2012
- damper evolver : fixed some alignment crashes in some specific cases
- fixed a crash after validation of user infos after the first launch of the editor.
- fixed thumbnails refresh bug in the content browser
- sound actions: fixed broken sound termination that kept the sound playing
- sound actions: fixed spatialization, attenuation, and volume.
- realtime profiler display: fixed a bug in displayed thread names for threads other than the workers and the main thread
- realtime profiler display: fixed a minor highlighting bug for idle bars when the search field wasn't empty
- fixed the build message in the script editor, that always displayed a successful message, even when the build wasn't successful
- fixed some far plane glitches in the default editor cameras, that messed-up lighting batches.
- fixed memory budget that was displayed as Tera-Bytes instead of bytes
- removed a bunch of useless framebuffers clears in the realtime viewport
- slight optimization on particle deletion
- entirely removed profile history copy (huge number of allocations) when profiler was activated and displayed in the realtime viewport, profiler display is now even faster than before.
- removed some unnecessary dynamic string allocations from the hh-script compiler, producing faster builds.
- removed some unnecessary dynamic string allocations from the light particles renderer.
- realtime profiler: lowered the performance footprint even further, 3.8x improvement, from an average of ~1300 cycles of overhead per profile node down to ~340 cycles (with callstacks capture enabled)
- realtime profiler display: general improvements, and fixed various bugs/glitches
- realtime profiler display: optimized profile graphs render code
- realtime profiler display: callstack symbols are now resolved in a separate thread. it fixes all lags/glitches produced by synchronous .pdb loading
- sound actions: added a slider in the [0,1] range to control volume
- the sound driver now handles an arbitrary of audio contexts. opening multiple editor viewports with sounds will now work correctly.
- interactive script edition mode, allowing dynamic tweaking of constant values with instant feedback, through popup sliders
- realtime profiler display: vastly improved display precision for extreme zooms at the end of long frames (down to nanoseconds / cycles)
- realtime profiler display: added a scale showing how much time represents a graduation
- realtime profiler display: replaced frame-time graph display in the profile history by a clearer histogram color-coded with the frame-time
- crash report: removed auto-screenshots. users probably don't want the crash reporter to take a screencap of their whole desktop. no screenshot is taken or sent anymore.
- particle editor: a particles cache clean is now triggered when closing to free some memory after manipulating heavy effects.
- light orientation can now be changed and saved in the editor's realtime viewports
- thread pools on win7 now scale beyond 32 hardware threads